Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cliffs Quick Reviews

Here are the four books that I highly recommend (linked to Amazon); each of them cover the topic in an easy to read "no-bull" manner. Since most of what is on the SAT is just a refresher for the average student, these books are the perfect refresher. Brand new they sell for about $10 each. But you can find them at used books stores, like my favorite: Half Priced Books or online, links below.

Cliffs QuickReview Math Word Problem


Cliffs QuickReview Basic Math and Pre-Algebra


Cliffs QuickReview Algebra I

Cliffs QuickReview Geometry


Some of my students cannot find these locally, I saw Basic Math & Algebra in Staples this morning for $9.99 each and will hit Barnes & Noble & half-price tonight to see if I can find it.

You may also want to try www.abebooks.com; I highly recommend it to my students.

Here is a link to Cliffs Word Problems , where it is selling for $1 -- yup that is ONE DOLLAR, good site for anyone to know about. (I just purchased the textbook for my next college course for my teaching certificate. The bookstore wanted $107, I bought it brand new online for $54 - you do the math).

No comments: