Wednesday, August 23, 2006

KAPTEST.com

Amazon just sent me the lastest SAT math only books from Princeton Review, Barrons & Kaplan; I'll be giving a review of each one shortly. If you want extra work in SAT math & a little more detail of what is on the test, any of these three will do.

  • At first glance, Princeton Review is pretty much the same as its big book, just with more practice.
  • Barron's has some pretty hard problems that mix it up. I like that because if you can master hard problems in the SAT style, you will be well prepared come test day.
  • Kaplan is fairly detailed, they have a very nice list of 100 top math concepts.
I also went to each company's website, they all have free stuff. Free is good remember. PrincetonReview.com and Barronstestprep.com each have a free practice test. But Kaptest.com is much better, because it has a free question bank.

This question bank of over 1,050 SAT style questions allows you to customize your own work, in the subject area and in a level of difficulty. I took 12 Hard Math questions on my quiz and sad to say, only got 11.

But it is a must for anyone who wants to have serious practice for the SAT.

No comments: